1 an investigator who is employed to find missing persons or missing goods
2 an instrument used to make tracings
3 (radiology) any radioactive isotope introduced into the body to study metabolism or other biological processes
4 ammunition whose flight can be observed by a trail of smoke [syn: tracer bullet]
- Rhymes: -eɪsə(r)
- A chemical used to track the progress or history of a natural process.
- A piece of ammunition for a firearm that contains magnesium or another flammable substance arranged such that it will burn and produce a visible trail when fired at night.
- The act of tracking or investigating something.
- A person who traces something.
A chemical used to track the progress or history of a natural process
- French: marqueur
A piece of ammunition for a firearm that contains magnesium or another flammable substance
- Finnish: valojuova-ammus
The act of tracking or investigating something
A person who traces something
- SAMPA: /tRa.se/
Tracer may refer to:
- Histochemical tracer, a substance used for tracing purposes in histochemistry, the study of the composition of cells and tissues
- Isotopic tracer, a substance with an isotope that has been enriched to a greater level than that found in nature
- Radioactive tracer, a substance containing a radioisotope that is used for tracking purposes
- Flow tracer, any fluid property used to track fluid motion:
- Tracer ammunition, special bullets that burn brightly to enable the shooter to follow the bullets' trajectories
- Mercury Tracer, an automobile
- Tracer (DC Comics), a DC Comics character
- Tracer (Marvel Comics), a Marvel Comics supervillain
- TRACER (magazine), a music magazine based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.
tracer in German: Tracer
tracer in French: Traceur
tracer in Dutch: Traceur
tracer in Japanese: トレーサー
alpha radiator, atom, atomic cocktail, atomic model, ball, bar shot, beta radiator, bird shot, buckshot, bullet, cannon shot, cannonball, case shot, cobalt, crossbar shot, duck shot, dumdum bullet, expanding bullet, fission products, fluorescent paint, gamma radiator, grape, grapeshot, ion, langrel shot, manstopping bullet, nuclear atom, nuclide, pellet, planetary shell, radiator, radioactive waste, radiocalcium, radiocarbon, radiocopper, radioelement, radioiodine, radioisotope, radiosodium, radiothorium, radium, radium dial, radium paint, rifle ball, round shot, shell, shot, shrapnel, slug, split shot, subshell, tagged atom, tagged element, tracer atom, tracer element, valence shell